2D animation is an art of creating an illusion of movement in a two-dimensional environment. This illusion of movement is created with individually drawn pictures sequenced together over time, character, background and effects to develop the feeling of moving. Depending on the type of animation, there can even be 24 individual pictures clubbed together in one second of movement. That is, one second equals 24 frames of pictures. 2D animation is popularly seen in animation movies and television serials, but is also used in video games, advertisements etc.
There are different softwares used to develop 2D animations. Professionals use certain selected ones such as:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effects
- Toon Boom Harmony
- Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
Why is Animation Important?
Animation techniques and softwares have been widely used in different forms since 1906. Animated movies, animated cartoons synchronised by Walt Disney gained popularity among the audience. It was in 1993, 3D animation came into existence. This happenings lead the numerous animated movies, cartoons and videos that we watch in the present world, which includes both 2D and 3D animations. Animations are very important and have proved itself to be efficient in many ways.
- Animations tell us stories.
- It communicates ideas and emotions in a way anyone can easily perceive.
- It creates an imprint in the minds of the audience.
- It is enjoyed by children as well as adults regardless of age limits.
- It combines people in a single passion.
- Audience often feels sympathy and connectedness with the animated characters. A feeling of their own, that is limited to an extent in live-action movies.
- Animations are very powerful artistic means of productions that influence the audience in a way that is beyond imagination.
What do our 2D animators do?
As one of the best 2D animation companies in Kerala, we create original, imaginative animations for our clients depending on their needs. Our experts do 2D animations through a well- defined array of steps, that includes:
Detailed discussion with the client to know the requirements
We create the script, which has a unique concept and story with distinguishing characters.
Once the script is approved with desirable changes made within, the process of creating storyboard begins.
Our animators build a quality storyboard with all the individual scenes separately built in.
By keeping the storyboard as the base, animation work starts. Here the animators give life to the characters and storyline, induce their movements in a 2D environment.
Adding sound and editing works are carried out as post-production steps.
The final 3D animation clip is presented before the client.
Within these basic procedures of creating the animations, the animators undertake the job responsibilities such as:
- Developing characters or models
- Sketching designs
- Creating detailed storyboard
- Evaluating the possibility of special effects
- Animating the scenes
- Processing them over the appropriate backgrounds