Website Speed! What could that mean, you might wonder. So let’s first take a quick look at what page speed actually is. Website speed is the pace at which each page on your site loads. Here is the thing to remember, it is measured in seconds, not in minutes or in hours. If your website takes more seconds to load, you are in big trouble as customers will bounce back from your website and click the link of your competitor. So, understand what could possibly slow your website and minimize the loading speed with the help of the best digital marketing company in Kerala, so that your customer goes nowhere, but stays within.
Some of the biggest contributing factors that slow down your website include:
- Host: Make sure you choose the right host for the size and scope of your business. If you are using a shared server instead of VPS or dedicated hosting, your website will lag behind.
- Theme: One of the other factors is the theme you choose for the website, highly customized themes with lots of great features and effects will slow your website down.
- Large images: Large, JPEG images take a long time to load. Thus, it is recommended to use compressed PNG images to save your precious loading time.
- Media files: It is always better that you host videos on your own server, external media from other sites can slow down your page.
- Lots of ads: Advertising through websites is a great revenue, but it can highly annoy your customers and also slow down your website. Thus, be selective in choosing advertisements, website user experience is more valuable than anything.
So, these are among the top reasons that slow a website and now the real question is, does it affect the website ranking? The simple answer to this question is yes, page speed affects your rankings on SERPs. Almost all of Google’s algorithms since 2010 have considered loading time as an important ranking factor. Improving the speed of your website and limiting loading time to no more than a second or two, can enhance the website ranking and also shoots up the conversion rates.
It is an obvious trait that users leave a website if it takes longer than three seconds to load increasing your bounce rate. If your bounce rate is high, it is a clear message to the search engines that your website is not offering a great user experience and this will cause to lower your rankings. So, let’s put it straight to this, speed loading of website leads to lower your bounce rates and lower bounce rate leads to higher search engine ranking.
So, there is no time to waste, contact the top digital marketing agency in Kerala and plan the right strategies that will make the customers dwell maximum time on your pages, by offering the best experience possible.