The basic concept behind local SEO in digital marketing is the urgency to promote local business visibility on location-based Google searches.
It ensures that people find your business on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) within the locality search. For example, when a person searches for “restaurants near me” or ” restaurants in (city name)”, Google picks up the geographic location of the individual and scrawls through the domains and web pages to present search results of the top restaurants near the individual’s area.
For this function to work well for your business, hire the best SEO company in Kottayam or so for an optimized strategic move from your part.
Studies have proved that people often use web search results to contact business ventures in the locality through direct phone calls.
Thus it is undoubtedly certain that location-based searches can generate maximum leads and potential customers to local businesses.
Major checklists for your local SEO include:
- Update your business NAP: You must compulsorily update your business NAP – Name, Address and Phone Number – in online directories, otherwise your business won’t appear on the customer’s “near me” or “in (locality name)” search results.
- Provide Consistent Information: You must make sure that the NAP is consistent across all search landscapes. If not, Google and others tend to skip your business from search engine results.
- Give additional Details: Apart from the basic listing, provide some extra information like the working hours, services, pricings etc. which equips searchers with all necessary details to decide whether to contact you or pay a visit to the store.
- Maintain Local SEO: It is not like your job is done after you list stores in online directories. You need to constantly work forward maintaining your business ranking.
- Regular updation of website contents can benefit in local search engine optimization.
- Google posts can be made useful to promote the listing.
- Respond well to the reviews and ratings professionally. Positive rankings always catch the attention of search engines.
- Create mobile friendly websites: Ensure a solid user experience for the mobile site visitors, as a majority of mobile searchers have local intent which magically works well for the local businesses. The ease of connecting to Google Maps and reaching the store on time gives more priority to mobile phones over other devices.
- Get enough citations: Honourable mentions in local online newspapers, local blog sites, local user review sites etc. add extra weightage to the credibility of the business.
Local SEO may never be overlooked, it has the capacity to bring highest conversion leads in location-based searches.
Always add an SEO agency in India into your marketing team to boost your local SEO, online presence, organic search engine rankings etc.